Pagina's

maandag 19 juni 2017

It's been quiet, but we haven't sat still


The last competition was a couple of weeks ago. Due to an early start of the season for us this year we had planned an intermediate training period, to give the body and mind a little rest and to be strong for the second part of the season.

In Willingen it was obvious that I had not recovered as planned after the BeMC yet, so the following weeks I was set on training mode.

Then  I started to struggle with a back injury, not being able to see the osteo immediately I started stretching to get it all flexible again. If I do something I'm a bit of a freak and I over stretched the backside which only made it worse.

Mister happy before the start in Waimes

On the trails in Waimes 65KM of root training



Training on the roads in Spa "Fleche Wallonne cyclo"




At the start of Ardennes Trophy with 2 top chicks



One of my Intervertebral discs got irritated and got slightly infected.
Rest was the only option left. After a week of doing almost nothing and going crazy, things got better. I was back on the bike not a full 100% yet but I'm working on that.










In the meanwhile I got an official e-mail that I'm selected to ride the world Championships in Singen in only one week from now. As I 'probably' won't be won't be racing for the medals I do want to be at the best level I can and enjoy this great experience...

As a last try out for the World Championship we were at the start of the Canyon Rhein Hunsrück MTB Marathon last weekend.

So fingers crossed 😉 (We know already the result, but you'll be reading the full report of that one ASAP).

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten