Pagina's

woensdag 19 april 2017

One to forget ASAP

For Easter we planned to go racing in Grand-Halleux, one of the first big Marathons in Belgium and part of a new ranking BAMS.
















Weather forecast predictions weren't all to great and during the night we already heard some raindrops on the camper roof. When we woke up everything was soaked, so I put all my rainproof Endura wear on.






















Peter decided he was not going to be part of the mud party today so he prepped everything to support me, which he did great to be honest (taking photos, prepping my bike, putting my rollers ready, giving me some advice,..)




















Start went well... First I was riding in a 4th position, but after a couple of K's I moved up to a second position. The ride became technical due to the weather, slipping and sliding, trying to keep the bike on the track.
























After 15KM I heard something making sising noise, I couldn't really make up if it was my tyre or my breaks? ... I first couldn't really make up what it was, but soon steering becoming impossible. My front one was losing pressure... I was hoping I could reach the end of the first loop like this, but around 17KM I was forced to stop.
The track was to difficult to proceed with a flat in the front and I didn't want to damage my wheels. I tried to fix it with the help of some riders that already decided to drop out of the race as soon as they finished the first loop. Everything was so muddy, our hands and fingers were frozen and it was impossible to fix. I walked the remaining 3K's to the finish line, game over for me... 
Very disappointing to get a DNF behind my name, so BAMS ranking is already f****.... 😢











Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten