Pagina's

dinsdag 19 mei 2015

BeMC 2015


The hardest MTB challenge of the Benelux is not over exagerated, Peter entered the race for the 3th time and was at the start for the 2nd time. On thursday we arrived with the camper, last year we stayed at the Hotel, but now we have our own little hotel. In the afternoon we checked out the start and finish of the first ride and met our sponsor Overstims who was sponsoring also the three day event. 

Day 1 La Roche – La Roche (67 km – 2200 hm)
Start was around 11 o'clock not so early for us, so time to have breakfast, warm up and get ready for the race! I would start in the first box behind the Elite Men with 15 other top girl riders like Githa Michiels, Pauline Ferrand Prevot, Milena Landtwing,... So top 10 classification is the goal. Peter starts in the master category. His goal was to catch up with me and support me during the 1st stage. There was a lot of wind, so a good wheel during the race was welcome.We start with a long steep climb on the road, on top off the hill we turn off road and the fun can start. I  often started to quick last season, so this year I was ready to start at my own pace instead of paying to much attention to the other girls. Half way the ride I see Peter and we finish the ride together. It takes us 4h 15' to finish the ride, but I don't feel exhausted, so still energy left for 2 more days of racing. I finish as 12th place..  


Day 2  La Roche – Sainte-Ode – La Roche (95 km – 2500 hm)
Today the race starts at 10 o'clock and it will be a long ride. Again we start in the same box as yesterday but this time we take an other up hill on the road and off road. I start with a strong pace but don't try to follow the top girls because I know what is yet to come, but the legs feel better than yesterday. I the first KM I can pass some of the other girls and that feels great. At the first feed station I see Kim Saenen who is not feeling good and gives up. I ride with a group of masters that is keeping up a great pace. At half race I have a flat on the back. C02 helps in those cases... I lost the good feeling and contact with the group I was in. All alone with my face in the wind. Let "The Mental Games" begin. In the last 10 KM Kim Saenen is supporting on the side and tells me Peter passed. He didn't see me having trouble in the downhill where I was reparing my flat tyre.  I finish in 5h53' on a 9th place. Some girls abandoned. Still 11 girls alive and kicking for the final stage on sun day. 

Day 3 La Roche – Houffalize – La Roche (100 km – 3000 hm)
After a not so good night of sleep, I wondered if the legs would be on post. But I'm eager to finish and get my second finishers' shirt. In the start I pick up the pace and feel good, hopefully the feeling lasts today. After 5KM I have another flat, I fix the problem an proceed. After 2 min Peter is in my wheel on an of road climb and we switch wheels. I feel good and try to keep up with a group of men because I hate riding in windy conditions all by my self. Halfway the race I pass Sara Van Peer in a technical downhill, but little later I miss the track and loose valuable time. When I get back on the track some of the other racers mention Sara is back in front of me. At that time I see Peter struggling up hill he is trying to get back with me the whole race and he's out of energy. In the last 15Km we catch up again with Sara. We were happy with this position, but after a real good technical downhill, we lost Sara and we tried to keep our own pace to the finish line. Peter tells me I can go if I have energy left so I go. This time I don't look back and give it my all. After some minutes I notice no one is following, and that gives a little boost to kep strong to the finish. Today I finish 7th place in 6h22' and Peter finishes some seconds later. Overall I become 8the UCI Elite women :) 

Thank you Didier and Caroline (OVERSTIMS) for the food and mentale support! Thank you BeMC and Bike7 for the great bike wash! Thank you Crankbrothers, Roeckl, Canyon Belgium, Baloise, Fizik and of course Peter for learning me how to ride!  


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten