Pagina's

donderdag 7 mei 2015

UCI xc marathon Roc d'ardenne Houffalize

Day 1
The first marathon of the year, always very exciting. This year there would be absolute world class riders at the start. We left Thursday evening so Friday would be a relaxed precompetition day. Meeting two of our great sponsors,Canyon Belgium and Overstims.



Day 2
Saturday morning race-day. The women start at 9 a.m. which is absolutely great, 30 minutes before the elite men. Wish gave us the time to find our place and race our own race. 
I was hoping peter would catch me somewhere near the end of the race, but that didn't happen. I started a little too ambitious which made the first hour really hard. The rest of the race I managed to ride a good pace. The last 10km where hell, I had cramps all the way to the finish. I crossed the finishline after 5 hours. Not entirely happy with the result, but maybe expectations were too high for my first race. Still have to work on some things.
Now I'm getting prepared for the BeMC next week.
Peter didn't finish the race. After 40km he had back problems and tried to carry on, but there was no power left in the legs so he abandoned the race at 60k's.

Sara

Thanks Baloise, Overstims, Canyon Belgium, Fizik, Crankbrothers, Roeckle 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten