Pagina's

donderdag 28 mei 2015

Ardennes Trophy 2015

Monday we had the famous Ardennes Trophy on our program,so we headed for La Reid on sunday. The organisation is perfect and they provide free camping for campers.
Weather was sunny and dry.

Sara and I did a few km's of the racetrack in the afternoon, and the we watched the Kids battles in The O2 Bikers Kids Challenge. Those little bikers are great to watch. We were impressed by their technical skills.

Some friends passed by in the evening and we had a great time while strengthening our bodies with pasta Sara  made for us.

During the night we heard some rain coming down, but without the big amounts of water.
As usual we had breakfast early, so we can prepare the bikes, and warm up without stress.

All went well and as well Sara and myself were thinking this could be a good day. Legs felt alright.

During the line up for the start, it started raining again, and we got almost soaked completely 5' before the start. Shit.... I didn't like this situation. Tracks would be wet and slippery, and not at all dusty and dry as we checked out the day before.

Sara rode 4' away from me on one heck of a startclimb. I could not follow  that pace. BTW, I decided to race the 75km's instead of 100km's. Otherwise this would become a major disappointment. Legs and knee were in better condition then first thought, but I had still problems holding the handlebar correctly after my crash at the NCD MTB at Elsenborn last week. But I was sure to finish this race, with or without pain.

Sara was long way; I thought.... Suddenly I saw here in front of me, and honestly she was not riding strong anymore. All by herself with head down...  This was not a good sign.
Problem: wrong tyres, to fast in the beginning of the race, mental meltdown, and you can guess the rest.
Not such a good day after all, Sara also decided to break of to the 75km's.
She finished 4th. A few minutes behind third.
Once again a disappointment for Sara, but this won't happen again.

Robert Mennen who was also there, won the race. Had the chance to have a little chat with my idol in the startbox.

Coming up is The Hagelandse Chrono in Langdorp o, sunday june 7th.
Race Pictures of Ardennes Trophy will be on later...


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten