Pagina's

maandag 2 november 2020

Fast and furious!

Let's do something crazy and enter a World Championship in a discipline I have no experience in and that is the total opposite of what I do. Instead of racing for 5 hours or more this race takes less than 4 minutes... 

Short but furious...

So the past weeks I tried to activate my fast twitch fibers... I know I have them, but they are hidden very well and aging doesn't really help. This race is not just fast it is also furious... 

Cornering

It's risky business and that became clear during the team meeting where they clearly explained the rules. No pulling, hitting, kicking... 2 hands should be on the handlebars at all times and elbows are prohibited. Touching is allowed, because it's a contact sport. I had nothing to lose... 

Me chasing Gaia Tormena & Fem Vanempel

You only live once and like Peter said: "don't jump on conclusions, jump on occasions!". This occasion is a once in a life time opportunity and I don't want to regret things I didn't do or try. 
 

I met some really strong young talents and the media covered the event which is great for the sport. I have more photo's from this event than I usually have when I race 5 hours. 

Bravo @citymountainbike

 A big congrats to the organisation 'Citymountnainbike' and the city of Leuven for pulling off a great event during the current situation.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten