Pagina's

vrijdag 25 oktober 2019

Bumpy road to WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Since this year we have the honor to be ambassador for this race new on the UCI calendar. For me this is a race with history. About a decade ago I raced here for the first time, due to the never ending rain we finished almost unrecognisable. Three year ago, my first national championship I won a bronze medal, last year I won the race on 70K distance and this year it's another oppotunity for me to get on the podium of a UCI marathon series.


Due to the dry weather we get a super dry edition this year. I start on the frontline and Peter is more in the back. I feel really good and I really want to do good. My start is ok, but not super. I do have a good pace until I have a problem with my rear tire. I have to stop up to 3 times, the third time Peter helps me with his wheel so I can finish the race. Now I have to get in chase mode, so I realize it will be a tough day in the saddle. Two times I reach the forth position again, but I gambled to much with my power during the chase. And I finish in a for me disapointing 5th position. I was good and expected way more, but this is part of the sport unfortunately.

















Thanks to Peter I could finish this race. He abandoned the race with my bad wheel.






I heard a lot about this race, but we never managed to get here before. Overstims is one of the partners, so an extra reason to put this on the calander.



Instead of doing a tour, this is a ride in line. So the start and finish are in different places. Peter decided not to ride because it is a bit complicated to get back to the startline after the race.



Again I was super motivated, sun was out and I want to make up for my disappointment of last week. A 70K ride but more descending than elevation. Sounds super cool! I did underestimate this race. Although it is more downhill, it is super technical and it goes hard. I start like a nutcase...
My tactic was to get good in the front to than be in a great position for the downhill sections. But I really blow all my power out in the first part of the race and had really nothing left for the rest.




















I finished, but lets say there is nothing more to say than that. I was empty.
I do love the course! It is brillant, technical and I had the privilege to ride the first ever dry edition. With worlds best support ever! Peter handed me bottles on the feedzones and was at the finishline for support.

I'll be back for sure with a better tactical plan!



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten