Pagina's

woensdag 8 mei 2019

ROC d'ardenne


We're racing this race since it exists... It feels like a home race... My first real mountainbike tour was in Houffalize over a decade ago. I never would have believed I would be racing it on this kind of level back then. But hey, we only live once, so live your life FULL GAZZ

2008 after my first bike ride in Houffalize
As if the race isn't hard enough yet, the organisation added an extra 30K for the men category. Happy we don't have to do this, especially not in these conditions...
Yes, spring in Belgium is special, in a not so nice way...

The road to Houffalize on Saturday
While I was still warming up on the rollers, Peter headed to the starting line. Right before the start was given the weather gods decided to throw some snow.

I'm first up for the call-up at the startline... 12 women, that is not to many, but there are some other big races coming up and the conditions aren't that motivating.

#1
Still smiling @ the startline
















This was one of the strangest races ever. In the start climb I was in 6th position. The first descent I moved up to 4th position and after about 10K I was in 1st position without passing any other girl...???
They missed a turn.
I kept my pace and after half way they returned in small groups. I wasn't able to speed up when they attacked, my speed was largely enough to not let them go to far.
After a hell of a race and a hard battle in the last 10K I finished 5th.
It was very chaotic, but eventually I was 4th. 1' behind the podium spot.
The first girl missed a checkpoint and so we all moved up one place.

Getting my ENDURA gear wet!
Positive news: Yeah my world Championship ticket is in!
Disappointment: Only 1 minute from the podium...

Muddy me!


Muddy bike
Peter's race was rather short. Not feeling great the last couple of days and the extreme conditions he abandoned the race after 2 hours of suffering in the cold snowy weather.

Peter in the back in winter gear...Let it snow ⛄
Next week we will be riding as COSMIC SPORTS TEAM at Bike Festival Willingen.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten