Pagina's

maandag 25 april 2016

SKS Bike- Marathon Sundern

'De kop is eraf!'

The first race of the season is a fact.
Last friday after work we left for Sundern in Germany. Cosy town near Winterberg. Peter prepared the bikes and basically everything else too.
Due to traffic jam we arrived late, it was already pitch dark.
Luckily the start was later then usual for a long distance race which made it easier for breakfast.
This is the SKS marathon: 100% dedication from all the volunteers, great scenery, large feeding zones, perfect timekeeping,...






At 10:50 A.M. the race kicked off, Peter had a difficult start so I went a head assuming he would catch up with me during the race.


Due to the cold and wet conditions Peter struggled and decided to take the turn for the half marathon (55KM) before he caught me back.

In the first lap I had a flat, but could fix the problem fast. I raced on, the second lap was the hardest. I was riding alone, having no clue on how far I was behind and which girl was still riding the long distance.
Uphill, I got slower, and energy levels were shrinking. I think the cold was getting to me.
I managed to get to the finish in 4h33min; only 13 minutes behind the first girl.
4th place scratch and first 30+... Yihaaaa


After prize ceremony we returned home with a rather good feeling.


I'm feeling better on the bike then expected after some hard training sessions in the last couple of weeks.

Peter's still struggling to find the right warming up. Still losing a lot in the first km's of the 'game". But after all, not bad for the old man.


We'll be back next year.


Thanks for all the support Overstims, Crankbrothers, Canyon Belgium, Roeckl, FizïkBaloise Insurance , NO DRUGS HEROES and Peter :)

So far so good! Saturday we will be present in Houffalize for the Roc D'ardenne :)

RESULT 100km

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten