Pagina's

maandag 3 augustus 2020

Expectations


2018 was a great season. (Yes, 2018 I didn't make a mistake)
I improved on my technical skills, I physically got stronger and for the first season ever I managed to race smarter than before. The results were above expectations. So I was super motivated to make a great winter and do even better in 2019...

70KM Grand Raid Godefroy 2018

My motivation was high, maybe a little to high. My two weeks rest after racing season felt never ending. And when I could get started again I threw in some extra morning training sessions.
Peter warned me several times, to be careful and make sure I would rest enough.

In December I had a doctors appointment to put my birthcontrol on point. I had to switch birthcontrol pil a few times because mine were out of production. The last one I was on was not the best for me. I had put on weight, I had senstive skin, my libido went down and my overall feeling was not the best.

In the meanwhile I was also watching my nutrition to make sure I would be on the perfect competition weight (if something like that even exists...)

The gynecologist suggested a IUD ( Interauterine Device). It sounded perfect. So that was the solution for me, or at least that was what I hoped.
It took me a while before I realised this was anything but the right solution for me. Instead of losing weight I had put on an extra 2 kg even tough I was barely eating. I developed rash on my back, my breasts hurt (they felt really painful) and I felt super unhappy almost depressed.

I had to give it some time, my body needed to adjust, but in the meanwhile competition had started. I was to heavy, I couldn't look at a cookie or I had put on weight.... My libido went below freezing point and I wasn't getting happier.

After TransAlp I didn't recover well and I suffered fluid reduction like never before. I made an appointment with my sports doctor. I was worried and the season wasn't over yet. I aslo really needed to know what was going on.

He convinced me to get rid off hormonal birthcontrol. Give my body some rest, because by now it got clear this must have been the problem. But I first needed to talk this trough with Peter above all we are together in this and next to my best friend, he's also the trainer and most importantly my life partner.

A week later I had the IUD removed. Of course this would take some time to ge better. Now we are more than 6 months after I had it removed and I feel so much better.
The rash almost disappeared, I have no more pain in my breasts, I feel much happier and I have lost weight (not without effort, but last year that just didn't work at all).


Birth control




I had big expectations for 2019 and I couldn't completely live up to them, but it is partly my own fault and partly caused by the hormonal story.

It wasn't bad, but I was to eager and skipped steps in my progression. I trained to much, I didn't rest enough and I might not always have listened to my body as I should have.

But I did learn a very important lesson!
Always listen to your trainer and provide your trainer with feedback on how you feel. Because even if you think you are smarter and you might know better.
YOU DON'T!! Your trainer is always right, because he knows what you can do, he believes in you and he wants the best.

And if you are conviced he's wrong, than go and look for another trainer!


BEST friend, BEST trainer and most of all BEST 😍 boyfriend ever!


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten