Pagina's

donderdag 20 juni 2019

Countdown to the national championship

Each day we're coming closer to the nationals.
The past weeks we have been training hard. The national championship marathon is one of the big goals this season. The competition amongst the girls category is very high. Every year we have more strong ladies at the startingline.

My goal is to end as high as possible, hopefully a podium spot.
To reach our goals we have been working hard...







For me one of the most beautiful routes in Belgium. It's root paradise! I know not everymone likes it, believe me there was a time I wasn't so much of a fan eighter... But when you know how to master them it's brilliant especially with a full-suspention bike. It makes it so much more comfortable.



We decided to ride this one as a training... Peter and I started t gether. After 15K we stopped and helped a crashed rider. Luckily it was not too bad. We picked up the same speed and enjoyed the trails. After 60K Peter had some issues with his bike and left me riding alone.  I carried on to ride the full 90K, I really didn't want to miss out any bit of this ride. Although I didn't race and could finish with a big smile I finished on a suprising 5th place.



Friday evening we set up the camper in Flobecq.

Camperlife!
We started with the same intention as two days earlier. Ride a nice and smooth pace, but no racing. We got a nice mix of trails, fastrolling and playfull trails with a lot of sunshine. What more do you need.
Team training






Another clasic on the calander. Coming closer to the national championship Peter advised me to race the first hour and then get back to my intensive riding pace.
I started in the first box and knew I had to go hard, the first part of this track is very fast rolling. So not only the heart rate is going high... I was in second position. Just before I reached the first feedzone I stopted racing and went back to my more comfortable zone.
When I was taken over by young dutch rider I had to hold back to not start racing again, but I stuck to the plan.


I crossed the finish in a 3th position. But just before I was called up for the podium it  appeared to be a 4th place. Another rider who started 5' later in a second wave rode 15 seconds faster than me. A bit regrettable because in a normal race situation this would have been a sprint for third.


Peter was already at the finishline when I crossed it.


Something to consider for next season...  Are this competitions? Or are these timetrials? Wouldn't it be more fair to make startwaves per category?

Portes des Ardennes Haversin
One week before the big competition it was time for the last intensive training session on the mountainbike. 85K in race pace... That was my task. Peter would ride a shorter distance in training modus. A nice but slippery parcours with some technical sections. Ideal for a last training and checking how deep I can dig next week.

I really did everything I had to do the past weeks. Last year the championship wasn't my best race, so I'm really keen to do better. The competition in the women category is really high so next to good legs I'll need a big portion of luck on my side.

This week is all about rest and getting my head and legs in the best condition I can.

Fingers crossed 🙏 for sunday!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten