Pagina's

vrijdag 13 juli 2018

MTB TRILOGY

Czech Republic journey part 2...
Monday we left Holesov for a 300K trip with the camper. Not that far, but we had to take the touristic route because there was no straight route to Teplice Nad Metuji.

So somewhere in the afternoon we arrived on our new campinsspot @Camp Kamenec 200m from the race center of the MTB Trilogy.

Our new camping spot @camp Kamenec

We had some relaxed days ahaed as the race only started on Wednesday afternoon with a Prologue of 12K.

Tuesday morning we did some sight-seeing on a hiking route which is very populae in the area. We could only do a small part but it was worth it. At the same time we could see how the soil and surface would be.






Tuesday afternoon we took the time to explore the prologue which turned out to be much more challenging than we first expected especially the downhill sections.



Wedsnesday around 10 AM the accreditation started. Afterwards we still had time to have a carboloaded lunch. Start was only around 4PM.

PROLOGUE

Approximately 12K, not too long but we already had a little tryout on wednesday and it is not a very easy loop. So tactics were very simple. Don't take risks, because the time differences on a prologue is just for start position and with only 4 women at the start, it would not make a diffrence at all.





















I was the first girl to start. I took it easy just to make sure I would be able to ride the really steep technical climbs and not drop dead before I would reach the end.

I became 4th, so I knew it would be working day the next couple of rides, but the long rides are much more my kind of thing.

STAGE 1: KLEINE ALPEN

The first ride, about 72K with a lot of altitude meters. At the start I took it a bit too hard and I had to pay for that later that day. I had to battle and that didn't really make a diffrence in possition. A lot of climbs were brutally steep and the soil was loose, so we had to hike up.

What goes up must come down... The less happy thing was that the downhills were so hard (enduro style) that I reached my bike and my own limits so we were back to hiking at some sections.

At the 3rd  feedstation Peter wisely decided to take it easy, so we contiued together. After a while my heartrate came back to normal and I was able to concentrate on the technical parts again.




I one of the climbs I spotted the girl in 3rd possition. In the first following downhill I could get to her wheel and so I stayed there until we reached the last feedstation. Afterwards I remembered the path. We did it the other way around in the morning so I had a good idea from what was to come.
First Peter took the lead and then I took over. I felt she was really tired so I speeded up. When I felt I was riding on my own now I had to keep my pace. There was still one climb to conquer, not too long but the last part was difficult. I managed and when I looked back there was still no sign from my concurent.

I was able to finish in the 3rd place and Peter finished a minute later.




STAGE 2: BEST OFF SUDETY

I was keen to ride this stage because I was told we would be able to ride every part of the trail. Not as hard and difficult as the first stage... I started in 4th possition again and Peter and I planned to ride this stage together. A good training for the Sudety Challenge in less than 3 weeks. Very unexpected we came to a little group with two of the three other female riders in the race. So I stayed in the group without riding in the front. This pace was good and I could save energy. I noticed that the girl in second position was really stressed in the descents, so I passed here.




















We catched the winner from stage 1. I decided to just keep my own pace this time and before I knew I had a gap on her too. I kept riding an passed some other riders, my technical riding was strong today and after 68K I reached the finish first.

Really happy to make it to the podium today only that didn't really go as planned.



I was called up as winner, but when I was on the podium I got accused from riding dirty and being pushed by Peter... I was shocked to hear this,... Because obviously that didn't happen at any point in the race.
To be honest I wouldn't even want to be pushed. I'm a big girl and I can ride for my self and if any rider is stronger than me so be it. So I left the podium before the ceremony was finished.

Later that evening we went back to have a little chat about the podium issue... It was cleared out. A frustrated other rider said it wasn't fair we were riding together. But we didn't do anything wrong.

STAGE 3

Peter dicided not to start. Because later that day we would drive all the way to Friedrischhafen for Eurobike.



I did start to ride for my second place in the GC. The battle was on. From the first climb the four of us were riding together with the Hungarian in front. But I noticed she had to push it hard and she was not going to last. In the uphill I was the strongest rider, but downhill the girl in first position was fearless. It became a day of overtaking eachother.



The last part of the track was in my advantage. It was a climb and the last downhill was fast and the same as the day before. So I gave it my all during the climb to get the gap as big as possible. And I made it only by 30 seconds...



Summery:

Prologue 4th place
Stage 1: 3rd place
Stage 2: 1st place
Stage 3: 1st place

GC: 2nd place

The scenery in Teplice nad Metuji was stunning!
Trails: Technical to extreemly hard



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten