Pagina's

donderdag 15 september 2016

Vulkan Bike Eifel Marathon

Last weekend we went down to Daun for the Vulkan Bike Eifel Marathon.



As usual we went on friday night to sleep over and to be comfortable.
Start was scheduled for 9 o'clock, so time enough to get everything prepared on Saturday morning.




For Sara it was the last planned competition for 2016 riding the Exceed.
For me there's still the Roc d'Azur on the calendar first week of October.

Little tribute to our partner Baloise Insurance, because we will no longer be partner in the future.
I spare you the details about this, but all is about "giving less and taking more" I presume.


Back to the race.
Breakfast as usual, warming up on the rollers (also as usual) and signs are promising.  We both feel good and with a sunny warm (read: hot) weather forecast,  as well Sara as myself were looking forward to a great day as closing ceremony of 2016.


This year the track was the other way around, and so this year we would be ascending and descending where we did the complete opposite during the other versions. Variety must be...


Start and finish remained the same as previous years.

Sara rode a constant race, but had to let go the podium, not because of any negative signs, but only because the other three girls were obviously that bit stronger that day. Only 2' from the podium and 4' from second place.  This is really good looking at the time of the year.

I rest my case about my own race. I struggled the whole 100km's, having hard to breathe, and having a complete off day at the office.  Finished the race 25' behind Sara and I felt myself getting sicker and sicker.

(Went to see the doctor on monday. Result: bronchitis in combination with an allergic reaction.)
I will not be training this week in order to get completely healthy again.
Sara's week looks likely the same... :-)


Results





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten