Pagina's

maandag 25 augustus 2014

HouffaMarathon 70KM

Very last moment, saturday morning Peter and I decided to start sunday morning at the HouffaMarathon. A one stage race where we usually ride the long distance.
But not this year, due to the bad weather of the last competitions and the past week we could not load ourselves to ride more than 5 hours in muddy conditions. So this year 70K's would do.
At 9 o'clock the sun made his appearance, and all looked well, still chilly though. There was a slow start and I felt strong but that feeling slid away bit by bit. Peter stayed with me and fixed a little technical problem, but I could not ride any faster then I was. So Peter pursued he's race and I tried to keep up the pace as high as I could. A dutch girl passed me and I could keep here wheel for 10K's but when she attacked I wasn't able to counter. After a muddy 4 hours and 18 minutes I crossed the finish line in third place GC and first place in my age group. Peter raced the rest for what he was worth and  finished in 4 hours .




Thanks Canyon Belgium, Sports2, Baloise and Crankbrothers!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten